Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. There are some days that those you want or need to be around, to pump you up or give you hope….they are not always available. I've come to realize that many times, THOSE are the moments that God wants you FOR and TO Himself. He wants you to revel in Him, rely solely on Him, ask Him, trust Him, & believe Him. HE LOVES US! Even when we feel worthless, even when we feel like a disappointment, when we feel like we've done nothing right….God knows our ways, our thoughts, our LIVES. He knows it, from the beginning to the very end. And yet He STILL loves us. That is the most incredible and astounding piece of information that can ever be told and given to us.
The picture I posted (which I hope showed up!), is something I look at DAILY to simply just encourage my own self. For over a year and even more within 2012, God has really put me in a place to withdraw away to Him. It has certainly been challenging AND lonely. It's left me in tight spots, questioning many things. But each hard step along with each day, has strengthened my relationship with the Lord. It's allowed me to get to know the person who created me, better. So when I came across this picture, it made me smile because of all the truth that it so simply states.
Like Donald Lawrence sings:
"…Sometimes you have to encourage yourself.
Sometimes you have to speak victory during the test.
And no matter how you feel,
speak the word and you will be healed;
speak over yourself,
encourage yourself in the Lord."
Blessings & Love,
Nicole
PS: And for ME, writing this blog in itself, is encouraging to me! Prayerfully it will encourage you!
No comments:
Post a Comment