For the past two weeks or so, that statement, “For the Glory of God”, has had new meaning. At a point, for me, it was just a nice saying- catchy words that can capture the attention of a few “likes” or comments on Facebook (and that is only telling the truth). But I now have a deeper appreciation for what that statement actually says and mean. As written in Isaiah 43:7 “Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him”. We are created by God so that we can glorify Him; everything that we do serves a purpose under God and should glorify Him.
In reflecting on where I am in my life and the vision I have of establishing a neighborhood resource center, I realized that while being in grad school may look good, working full-time job is great, and having such an ambitious goal of creating that resource center may reflect greatly on me, everything that I am doing and everything I have is to be used to glorify God.
Sitting in class over the weekend, I thought to myself that God truly is using me and being in grad school is NOT about me. While God is the ultimate Source, He certainly leads us to resources for our benefit. God is creating me to be a resource for community members and more important His children. The beginning process of becoming that resource, is grad school. How awesome is that that God is using me for His Glory!
Remember, we were created to glorify Him. The skills, talents, and gifts are all to be used to glorify him. Oh indeed, For the Glory of God!
Be Blessed,
Nadirah M.
No comments:
Post a Comment